SONGS FOR GROOVY CHILDREN: THE FILLMORE EAST CONCERTS
BOX SET AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 22
Four historic sets in their original performance sequence. Over the course of four extraordinary years, Jimi Hendrix placed his indelible stamp upon popular music with breathtaking velocity. Measured alongside his triumphs at Monterey Pop and Woodstock, Hendrix’s legendary Fillmore East concerts illustrated a critical turning point in a radiant career filled with indefinite possibilities.
The revolutionary impact Jimi Hendrix, Billy Cox and Buddy Miles had upon the boundaries and definitions of rock, R&B, and funk can be traced to four concerts over the course of two captivating evenings. These performances were first celebrated by Band of Gypsys, which featured six songs from the two January 1, 1970 concerts. Issued in April 1970, Band of Gypsys challenged and surprised the wide following of Jimi Hendrix with its extended arrangements and vibrant mix of rock and soul.
1. Changes (1/1/70, first set)
2. Earth Blues (1/1/70, first set)
3. Ezy Ryder (12/31/69, second set)
4. Fire (12/31/69, second set)
5. Foxey Lady (1/1/70, first set)
6. Hey Joe (1/1/70, second set)
7. Lover Man (1/1/70, second set)
8. Message of Love (12/31/69, second set)
9. Purple Haze (1/1/70, second set)
10. Steal Away (1/1/70, second set)
11. Wild Thing (1/1/70, second set)